Fred’s does not have a coupon policy on their website. I received this email response from Wesley Hasty (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding their coupon policy.
They will only double one coupon per identical item on their double coupon day (which is Saturday). Print and take it with you to the store.
Fred’s Double Coupon Program
(These rules apply to all company-owned, participating Freds stores.)
Manufacturer Coupon: A manufacturer coupon is a coupon for cents-off or dollars off a product, that the customer obtains from newspapers, magazines, direct mailings, etc. It is valid at any Fred’s store that the specific item featured on the coupon is sold.
A valid coupon will have the product description, cents off amount, expiration date, and an address to send the coupon for redemption.
- Fred’s will only accept manufacturer’s coupons that feature items that we carry. (No competitor’s coupons are to be accepted) The item featured on the coupon must be the exact item that we sell, or we do not accept the coupon. The item must be the same brand, style, flavor, scent, size specified by the coupon.
- All valid manufacturer’s coupons are accepted at face value at Fred’s every day.
- On Saturdays only, Fred’s will double the face value of manufacturer coupons up to $.70; $.70 coupons are doubled. (ONLY 1 coupon per identical item is doubled, per customer, per Saturday)
- No money will be returned for coupons that exceed the price of the product. If doubling the face value of the coupon would exceed the price of the item, the coupon will be accepted a face value.
- Tobacco coupons are not doubled regardless of the face value of the coupon.
- Coupons, which are expired, are not accepted. If the coupon is presented the day it expires, the coupon must be accepted.
- If the price of an item is matched with a competitor, then no coupons will be doubled for that particular item.
A customer may purchase 4 tubes of Crest toothpaste, however if they have more than one coupon for the toothpaste, the first coupon will be doubled and the additional coupons will be taken at face value. If the customer wishes to purchase more than one flavor of an item and the coupon lists a variety of flavors, only one identical coupon will be doubled and the additional coupons will be taken at face value.